Once everyone is back at school, and the apple-picking season is over, what’s nicer and more rewarding than preparing tasty meals in the comfort of your home? A natural gas stove is an amazing ally for you and your favourite recipes! Its instant heat – which you control – is exact, and the food cooked in a natural gas oven keeps all its juices!
A quick guide to buying a natural gas stove
- Decide exactly where you want to place it. As natural gas stoves often have larger cooking surfaces, you must choose your location very carefully.
- Decide on its features according to your cooking needs, including oven window size, removable doors, storage drawers, and self-cleaning oven options.
- Find a qualified installer thanks to our certified natural gas partner search tool.
Tips for saving energy with your natural gas stove
- No need to preheat the oven, except for bread and pastries.
- Turn off the oven a few minutes before the cooking time ends; food will absorb the remaining heat.
- Avoid opening the oven door during cooking; each time it is opened, 20% of the stored heat is lost.
- If you are using a self-cleaning function, do it after cooking, while the stove is still warm.
With a natural gas stove, preparing your meals has never been so enjoyable!