Montréal, May 11, 2017
– In response to the high water levels and major flooding, Gaz Métro took prompt action last week, sending teams into the affected areas to support its customers and inspect its natural gas connections. Where necessary, supply was interrupted as a preventive measure. Accordingly, Customer Service communicated the procedure to follow. All of the information is posted on our website and is available on social media.
Several measures were instituted at the same time to support our customers and our employees who are affected:
- In preparation for reactivating appliances, we informed our customers of the various steps to follow and the resources available through our Customer Service, our website and/or social media.
- Customers will not be charged for the natural gas supply interruption or the restoration of connections.
- We have suspended collection procedures and billing for current usage for all customers in areas affected by flooding.
- We have also taken steps to support our employees affected by the flooding and who may need time to deal with the associated challenges
Our thoughts are with all those who are affected to any degree, and we hope this extraordinary situation will subside as soon as possible. Our teams on the ground are available at all times to give customers the technical support they need, and will remain available until the situation is back to normal. We invite our customers to contact us at any time at 1 800 878-6202.
About Gaz Métro
With more than $7 billion in assets, Gaz Métro is a leading energy provider. It is the largest natural gas distribution company in Québec, where its network of over 10,000 km of underground pipelines serves more than 300 municipalities and more than 205,000 customers. Gaz Métro is also present in Vermont, where it has more than 315,000 customers. There, it operates through its subsidiaries in the electricity production market and the electricity and natural gas distribution market. Gaz Métro is actively involved in developing and operating innovative, promising energy projects, including natural gas as fuel, liquefied natural gas as a replacement for higher emission-producing energies, the production of wind and solar power, and the development of biomethane. Gaz Métro is a major energy sector player that takes the lead in responding to the needs of its customers, regions and municipalities, local organizations, and communities while also satisfying the expectations of its Partners (GMi and Valener) and employees.