Supporting community organizations that are on the front lines to help the less fortunate is more essential than ever. Food security and the isolation of those who are lonely and vulnerable are issues that we must pay even more attention to at this difficult time.
This is why, in keeping with its values, Énergir is answering the community’s call for solidarity by taking the following action:
- A donation to the Food Banks of Quebec, which supports all Moissons du Québec organizations.
- Contribution to the Centraide of Greater Montreal COVID-19 emergency fund
- Emergency assistance to local United Way/Centraide offices or to local agencies in each of the regions where Énergir is present
- A donation to the Canadian Red Cross to support its actions to control the spread of COVID-19
- Additional funding for the 11 organizations supported by Soupe pour Elles.
The Énergir family has also raised more than $144,000 in less than two weeks, which will be donated to the Les Cuisines Solidaires project run by La Tablée des chefs.
This outpouring of generosity was in the form of personal donations from 500 employees, as well as shareholders, many Québec subsidiaries and unions belonging to the Énergir family.
We also remain committed to all the organizations we support and we wish to reiterate our support for the community.