Our commitments to all the organizations we support are maintained and we wish to reiterate our support for the community.
In keeping with its values, Énergir answered the community’s call for solidarity by taking the following actions:
- Launching a new donation program aimed at our customers: every time someone signs up for electronic billing, Énergir will donate $2 to a community organization.
- Donating to the Food Banks of Quebec, which supports all Moisson Québec organizations.
- Contributing to the Centraide of Greater Montreal COVID-19 emergency fund.
- Providing emergency assistance to local United Way/Centraide offices or to local agencies in each of the regions where Énergir is present.
- Donating to the Canadian Red Cross to support its activities to prevent or control the spread of COVID-19.
- Additional funding for the 11 organizations supported by Soupe pour elles.
The Énergir family has also raised more than $144,000 in less than two weeks, which will be donated to the Les Cuisines Solidaires project run by La Tablée des chefs.
This outpouring of generosity arose through personal donations from 500 employees, and through contributions from shareholders, Québec subsidiaries and unions in the Énergir family.