Among the conditions that apply, it is noted that the recovered thermal energy must result in a reduction in natural gas consumption, regardless of use (heating, hot water, ventilation, process).
Examples of eligible measures in the Study and implementation
- Server room heat recovery
- Recovery on an electric furnace’s exhaust to preheat natural gas ventilation
- Energy recovery on air compressors to heat/ventilate the building
- Recovery of thermal energy from industrial chillers
- The use of a heat pump to recover discharged heat energy to heat, ventilate or produce hot process water